Monday, April 19, 2010

Crete shorthand

So I can't go into too much detail now. Tomorrow our journals, sketches and Latin are due, and I have a lot of finalizing I want to cover before deadline, but after that we have pretty much the next two days free so I will give a long and extensive post of Crete and the things I've been learning about.  In the meantime, here are a few tidbits to preview what's to come:
Ruins of a Minoan villa we got to walk in and around and touch, including pottery left behind.















Poppies in the field next to the Minoan villa
















Snapped from the highest point of Heraklion, the first city we stayed at in Crete















Staircase from Gnossos Palace (it was four or five stories high before the earthquakes)















View from Gnossos Palace












Fig trees :)
















The first Mediterranean beach we visited, which paled in comparison to the beach we visited today (more on that in my next post)










Also, I've fallen in love:


His name is Hercules.  :)

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, I saw that dog too and totally fell in love! Do you think maybe we should try smuggling a dog home in our luggage?

    ReplyDelete
  2. let's do it! Wait I'm a little confused, who is this I'm commenting to?

    ReplyDelete