Thursday, May 13, 2010

Change in Plans

So this morning, I was supposed to catch a train to Pisa and fly into London by five.  Literally an hour before I was supposed to leave, I was bending over on the porch and my back went out.  Don't know what I did, but I can barely walk around, and bending, carrying weight and twisting are completely out of the question right now, and I'm in a lot of pain.  So, while the rest of my class is fleeing Florence, I regretfully had to cancel my trip to London.

Lucky enough, Alonna, Jenn and Megan are stayingcfor a few for days before going back to the states and happen to have an extra bed in their hotel room, so I'm rooming with them until the 16th.  I can't even carry a freakin' purse.  I hate not feeling independent and having to rely on other people for something as simple as walking down a flight of stairs. 

Went to the clinic and pharmacy.  They gave me a some pain killers ad muscle relaxers and a back pad thingie, but the drugs don't seem to be nearly as effective as good old American pharmaceuticals.  I've never pulled my back before.  This pretty much sucks. Hopefully, hopefully, this is a very temporary thing.  In the meantime, if you know any good stretches or positions or basic home care for lower back pain, *please* hit me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment